Events happening today
03 December 2019 31 December 2019O' it is that time again. The month of December has arrived and as per our annual traditions, is the time of our jolly Secret Soa (Santa) event! This event will span the whole month of December so be sure to sign up!
For those who are unfamiliar with Secret Soa, this is basically an event where all participant's names are randomly drawn by another participant (By me), who are then responsible for sending a gift to the person whose name was given to them. Essentially, everyone who participates get to both give and receive a gift. I will be setting this up, so no one else will know who is who's Secret Soa so it's a nice surprise when the holidays roll around and you find in your in-game mailbox. So here's how it will work. Please read everything in this post before you sign up.
How to sign up and agenda:
Reply to this post and note that you'd like to participate in the Secret Soa. You have until midnight on December 16th to sign up. You should also include in the post your character name and your faction that your Secret Soa should send your gift to. If you have any unique characters in your name, please note the ALT code to type them. Also, if you can't type ALT codes, just highlight the person's name and copy and paste in the game. On December 17th, I'll draw the names and will message each participant on the forums with the name of your giftee - you are their Secret Soa. Try your best to keep your giftee a secret - some of the fun comes from not knowing who your Secret Soa is. Sometime between the 17th and the 25th, you will determine the in-game gift for your giftee. After the 25th, everybody should've gotten their prize. Then, we can all meet back up here and try and guess our Secret Soa!
Any and all are welcomed to sign up - including trial members. This is an act of giving, everyone deserves to get something for the holidays! You have to have signed up by midnight of December 16. If you do not sign up by December 16, then your entry will not be counted. The reason for this is because on December 17, I will be giving everybody their giftee's name. You have 2 weeks from the time this post goes live to sign up which is plenty of time so I think this is fair and reasonable request. You must have logged into the game in the past 30 days, as of December 1, 2019 unless an exception is made. Reason for this is because if you haven't logged in, in over a month then you're most likely not active in the game and don't plan to play it any time soon. You must have logged into the forums at least 6 months ago, as of December 1, 2019 unless an exception is made. Reason for this is because not everybody uses our forums. However, knowing that you at least log in here and there along with seeing that you log into the game actively, will tell me that you have an active presence in our SWTOR division. All names are randomly generated. There will not be any special requests allowed like asking for a specific person. There is no exact "price limit" for prizes but let's try not to go to overboard. Prizes shouldn't be something overly expensive but nor should it be something super cheap. It should be something useful and something that you at least put some effort into getting. Prizes have to be sent before December 25, if you have not received a gift by the 25th, please let me know. I will take care of sending your gift. Sometime, things happen and not everyone can get something on time but if you can't get something by December 25, please let me know. If you have any troubles with affording or getting a gift, please let me know as well. Keep in mind that gifts don't exactly have to be pricey. Earning the gift for your giftee is another creative way to send a gift!
Send the gift from an unknown character to keep your identity a secret. This adds to the fun by maintaining the mystery. Secret Soa can be as involved as you'd like it to be. I suggest doing some quick research of your giftee's posts to see what they like to do and what type of character they play to guide the choice of gift. Maybe, even trying asking people they are close with to help you if you are lost in finding the perfect gift. Multiple gifts are okay as long as it's not too overboard. Gifts don't have to be bought - while they can be bought with cartel coins or credits, they can also be crafted items, or even good items that came from drops or earned! You might note that there is space in mails for body text - try and use it! It's nice to leave a little note along with your gift. If you happen to have hung out with that person in your time gaming, this is an especially good time to say thanks for the good times. After you received your gift, please reply to the person and give them a thank you. It's not only polite, but it lets them know that you received it and they didn't just accidentally send their gift to a random stranger.
Have fun and happy holidays!
More Information about the event, check out the link^^
SWTOR 0 Comments
03 December 2019 31 December 2019Happy Holidays Remnants!
After a couple of days of hard work, the Crafting Department is here to present to you guys a Holiday Scavenger Hunt event! It took the efforts of myself, @Slyfoxmartin, @Azilori, @Dethvox, and @Scya to create this little event for you guys. We are proud of how it turned out, no matter how bad or cheesy some of the rhymes are (please forgive us lol). Anyways, we encourage all of you to participate! This event will run from December 3, 2019 - December 31, 2019 so you have about a month to finish the scavenger hunt.
1) Our Scavenger Hunt will take you guys across the galaxy. We have provided a total of 20 screenshots of us around the galaxy. Your job is figure out where we are by taking your character to the places we are at!
2) Each screenshot comes with a little hint (and a little rhyme) that will help guide you to the location. We apologize in advanced if it's bad or cheesy but hey, we tried!
3) When you're screenshotting your character(s) at each location, YOU MUST have your picture show the exact location where we are at. It doesn't have to look exactly the same but something that shows us, you are at that location. Doing this correctly, will give you 1 point. However, if you can give us a screenshot of somewhere close to that location or at least the general area, you'll get 0.5 points. In the end, we will total up your score.
4) The point system does not mean whoever gets the highest wins. Winners are determined based on completion and effort. (Completion does not necessarily mean you found every location).
1) This DOES NOT have to be a solo effort! You're allowed to work with others to help each other out. However, this does not mean, you ask someone to do most of the work and you just come along so you can win as well.
2) If you are working together with other people(s), you all don't necessarily have to submit things separately. You can have one person submit it to me but that person is in charge of putting down everybody's names.
3) YOU ARE ALLOWED to ask anyone in the Crafting Department for help. In fact, I'm encouraging the Crafting Department to participate as well. I will be around to help out if anyone needs it. If you're working with an Assistant from the Crafting Department however, that person you're working with is not allowed to give away the answers to the screenshots they provided but are encouraged to give hints. This is an honesty system as it's more fun to go around and look for it rather than just getting the answer.
4) YOU ARE ALLOWED to ask me to check your screenshots for you. You can ask me if it's right or wrong and I'll give you a hint that will help you find the right answer. But do not abuse this by constantly asking me until the answer is right.
5) Screenshots MUST INCLUDE the exact location or general location with EVERYBODY in it. You can't have 1 person be on this planet and the other on this planet. This shouldn't be a "I do so much and you do so much." This should be a group collaboration where everybody works together. If for some reason, not everybody can be in it because of time issues or something else, just make sure you tell me as I can be flexible.
Submitting Entry/Determining Winners/Prizes:
1) When you finish, you will turn in everything to me via Discord (Neo#2515). If for some reason, you don't have Discord, please let me know in advanced and we'll work something out. Once you submit it, you're not allowed to change it or make edits to it.
2) Everybody who participates will basically win something. To win, you just have to meet one of the criterias below:
You are the first person to submit their entry to me that achieved the highest score (Whoever this is will receive a more rewarding prize). You are the highest score. You earned a score of at least 70% - if you got a score below 70%, you are allowed to go back and try and find more screenshots to boost your score before the end of the event. However, this only applies if you didn't get a 70% on your first try but you only get one second chance to gain a higher score. 3) Prizes are TBD.
More Information about the event, check out link^^
SWTOR 0 Comments