Preferred Name: North
Preferred Pronoun: He/Him
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time.
Character Class: My main is a Level 75 Sith Marauder. I'm currently working on getting all 8 character classes (I'm on my 4th as of today).
Game you will be playing with Remnants of Hope: SWTOR
Official username for that game: StefiOrwell
1. Have you read the Code of Conduct and do you agree to follow it?
2. How did you hear about The Remnants of Hope? If a member invited you please let us know who.
I first noticed that Remnants of Hope was the guild Swtorista was a part of in all of her videos. I then realized the other guild, Vestiges of Despair, was RoH's sister guild and was impressed at how you provide the opportunity for players to be on either faction.
3. If you could travel to any time or place where would it be?
When I was in high school I went on a quest to discover everything I could about my family. I am a third-generation Japanese American and I did everything I could to discover as much as possible about my ancestors and when they immigrated to the US. I spent my allowance on getting birth certificates, social security cards, ship manifests - anything I could. At some point though, documents were not enough to finish painting the entire story of my family's background. So if I could go anywhere, I would go to the prefectures in Japan my family came from to continue learning about where I came from.
4. Upon joining Remnants of Hope you are expected to maintain a mature and friendly demeanor to everyone in game. What does maturity mean to you and do you feel that you can remain civil even with the nastiest players in the game?
Ultimately, we are all here to have fun. No one wants to deal with the dregs of the internet on their well-earned time off. Maturity means being able to rise above situations that could turn you into the very things you despise about the internet. Respecting your peers and holding yourself accountable for your actions.
5. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
I have thought about this question throughout my entire life and I have always come to the same conclusion: teleportation. As someone who has only been out of the country a couple of times in his life, being able to teleport anywhere when I want sounds like a dream come true. Imagine being able to spend the day in some fancy urban setting and spending a relaxing evening on the beach on another corner of the globe. Seeing the whole world whenever I wanted would definitely be the superpower I would want.
6. Have you been in other guilds before; on this game or any others? If so,what was your favorite and least favorite things about them?
I haven't been in an MMO since Star Wars Galaxies when I was a teen. Even then, it was a guild of about 5 or 6 people. But what I did like about being in a guild was the feeling of community I had with my fellow guildmates. We shared experiences and I absolutely adored them. What I don't like about guilds is what happens with inactivity. I only started playing SWTOR in the middle of December 2019 - and I joined a guild for the XP boost. But the guild didn't offer anything more than that. It was more or less a shell for people to get more XP in game. And that's not something I'm looking for.
7. What five adjectives, and 5 only, would you use to describe yourself?
Independent, thorough, analytical, introverted, and sentimental.
8. Have you ever held a leadership position in a gaming community? Would this be something you are interested in in the future?
I have never been in a leadership position - mostly because I've been absent from MMO's for over a decade. And I would be interested in such a position in the future if the opportunity presented itself.
9. What are your favorite and least favorite sounds?
My all-time favorite sound is the spattering of raindrops on a corrugated metal roof. When I was a kid, it would rain all of the time - and there is just something comforting about hearing rain fall on top of a metal roof. As far as my least favorite sound, it would probably be the cliche sound of utensils against a plate or fingernails across a chalkboard. No story behind those, I'm afraid - they just are not to listen to.
10. What are your personal strengths and weaknesses as a person (not in game)?
As I mentioned in the adjectives that describe myself, I have developed into an independent person. I've lived on my own since after college. I work from home and telecommute. If you give me an assignment, I can put my head down and just plow through until it's finished. However, that independence has come at a cost - my introverted nature makes me actively avoid social situations for fear of being out of my comfort zone. Being social can be draining and afterward I need time to recharge my batteries. I am hoping that being in an active guild will help me spread my wings. Even if just a little - it will be an accomplishment for me.
11. Remnants of Hope houses players that enjoy all aspects of the game, Crafting, PVE, PVP, RP and Social. Which do you enjoy the most, and why?
Since I started playing the game last month, I haven't done everything there is to do. I will say that I have enjoyed PVE (Flashpoints in particular) and I'm trying to get up to Level 306 armoring for my armormech. But I would like to try operations at some point - because organizing a group of eight people to fight against a common enemy sounds like it would be so much fun. I enjoy being presented with challenges the game places and finding ways to overcome them.
12. The servers are closing down in 24 hours permanently. How would you like to spend the last bit of time in game?
Assuming I find a place in the guild, I would love to spend that last bit of time in-game doing each of our favorite missions and/or flashpoints. And then I'd love to discuss what game we would all be migrating to so I can remain a part of the RoH community.
13. What other games have you played and what did you like about them? Any games you are excitedly waiting for?
Since my exit from Star Wars Galaxies, I played a lot of single-player roleplaying games and story-heavy games: Mass Effect, The Witcher, Deus Ex, Dragon Age, the Last of Us. I am a fan of taking on the role of the hero (or the villain) and then being an active participant in crafting a story. Movies are fine - but it's such a passive experience. In a RPG, you can direct how and why your character is the way they are and the path they choose to take. It's no surprise then that I am so excited for Cyberpunk 2077. I paid for my preorder back in May 2019!
14. If you could be any animal (fantasy ones included) which would you be and why?
I would like to be a sloth. If I have to be int he wild, I wanna be high up on a tree and not have to move a whole lot to survive. Also they sleep all day - so that sounds like the life, doesn't it?
15. RoH utilizes Discord for VoIP. Are you willing to use this platform, based on the needs of the activity you're interested in?
16. Are you on the servers we currently play on and are you planning on transferring to join us?
Yes, I am in the Star Forge server.