Sign in to follow this  
Koro

Fellowship of Remnants starting in May

So I flushed my DNS and totally deleted the LOTRO game from my PC and files, re-downloaded it as Cordovan suggested from the lotro site, and it started installing seemingly normal, but it froze at 12%. UGH! But then, out of exasperation I simply re-opened the launcher and it started patching, seemingly normal. 😮 Soooo I don't know if I fixed it, but for now it is patching/downloading (which is more than it did before). Unfortunately I have to step away from my computer, so I'm going to just leave it and see what happens when I get back.

I... may end up waiting for everybody to catch up with my Beorning. I’m still using my mobile hotspot as my internet and it’s crappier than ever. She’s only in her 30s so it won’t take that long and hopefully by the time people do catch up I’ll have real internet. 

16 hours ago, Kateywumpus said:

I... may end up waiting for everybody to catch up with my Beorning. I’m still using my mobile hotspot as my internet and it’s crappier than ever. She’s only in her 30s so it won’t take that long and hopefully by the time people do catch up I’ll have real internet. 

Up to you Kateyumpus, I totally understand not wanting to play on crappy internet. :( I do hope you can get regular internet soon!

Update on the issues from Lotro lately.

Apparently SSG has fixed things on their end regarding the DNS server, and I gather it was updating and 'modernizing' of sorts. I was able to PATCH after I flushed my DNS (open cmd prompt and type ipconfig/flushdns), but since I deleted the game to reinstall it, patching didn't do me any good. I kept getting stuck on the download at various places.

But I am now back in game after doing these things:

Resetting modem/router

Completely eliminating any trace of lotro on my PC (windows uninstall, then deleting any lotro or lord of the rings online folders I can find in my files).

Flushing the DNS (I did this several times through the past few days)

Restarting the PC (As in turning it off, cycling out any power, waiting 30 seconds, etc)

Turning off my windows anti-virus and firewall protections. (I turn them back on as soon as the game finished installing)

Doing all those things, the game installed in one downloading session and patched without a single hiccup. I am now back in game. Unfortunately I don't know WHICH of those things actually did the trick, though I suspect that it was the anti-virus and firewall that were holding my downloads up.

Edited by Koro
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RhemaTom said:

Ok, so I may have missed it. Are we meeting at a specific day and time?

The idea is for everyone to get to level 20 by the end of this month (May 31st) as they are able. And sometime around then (end of May, beginning June) we will get together and do some group content (like the Barrow Downs). It is hard to get everyone on at the same time when we all are devoted to other things, so we thought this may make things a bit more casual and less stressful for folks. I imagine many of us will be able to meet up to help each other level, but we aren't making anything official about it yet.

5 hours ago, Amrithir said:

Finally got my mini, Teladrean, up and out of the intro. 😁

I got the 'go get a craft' quest and it brought to mind the question...do we want to coordinate on craft skills at all?

I talked to you about this in game, and I still think everyone should pick whatever crafting profession they feel they would enjoy/like the most. But reading it here on the forums got me to thinking that you may be on to something about coordinating, or at least communicating it just a bit.

I would suggest that we all announce whatever it is we decide to do (regarding crafting). That way those of us who are willing/able can donate the mats we collect along the way to those who need it to level up their craft. How does that sound?

7 minutes ago, Koro said:

I would suggest that we all announce whatever it is we decide to do (regarding crafting). That way those of us who are willing/able can donate the mats we collect along the way to those who need it to level up their craft. How does that sound?

Sounds good to me. I went the explorer route, so I can get both wood and ore, and make my own light armors.

• Like 1

I created a High Elf Minstrel today and leveled up to 7. I also moved some more of my characters from another server, because it was a free move. So I have a few characters now, Captain, Burglar, Loremaster. But they are all low level. I got my Beorning up to level 8. So either of those or a dwarven warrior, I could probably get to 20 by the end of May. 

Funny things is, my level 58 Hunter never went into any dungeons. Never grouped up to do that. always played solo or with one other friend, so we never did the dungeons. lol :)

Anyway, really liking the Minstrel. 

• Like 1

Grats man, glad you were able to get a free transfer! Must have been an old server that they shut down?

Can't go wrong with any of those classes! Truth be told I'm still on the fence about what I'll be playing myself! I have a lot of lowbies I'm debating on. 😛

Minstrel is fun! And so many different musical instruments you can choose from and enjoy. My minstrel is only level 34ish, is a hobbit, and plays the bagpipes. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RhemaTom said:

Do we have to have ea character logged in to get a Kinship Invite?

Unfortunately yes. Kinship membership is per-character, not account.

I will be on this evening if someone else is not around before then to send invites to any/all who want one.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Congratulations to Princess &, Chelly, Lakeborne & -Glamazon- on being chosen Members of the Month for July for their primary divisions!

Remnants of Hope Community Links