Sign in to follow this  
Koro

Fellowship of Remnants starting in May

Greetings my fellow Remnants!!!

I am happy to see the interest is there to start a slow and steady progression group!!! It is very exciting to think we are going to be forming our own 'fellowship'! Woo-hoo!

Image result for lotr excited gif

With that said, do we want to coordinate what classes we each will be rolling for this adventure? I am a big believer in play what you want to play! But some of us may decide to spend more time on the game than others. I can play any class for the group since I am maining this game right now. Whatever classes I don't use I'll be playing on my own anyways. 😛 Those who may not be playing regular may want to post their preferred class for this adventure so those who are able can make adjustments.

For our monthly dungeon/group content it may be helpful to make sure we have at least one tank and one healer. The game can be fairly forgiving so I don't mean to be a stickler, but it may prove handy as we learn our way through classes and content. 

Tanking classes: Guardian, Warden

Healing Classes: Minstrel, Rune-keeper

And if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! I look forward to getting our fellowship of Remnants underway!

Notification List: @Koro @Tyrtaeus @RhemaTom @Jae Onasi @Telana @Chelly @Lagerfueled @Vorn @Elisel @Daizey @Ellenore @Martini @CheekyMonkey66 @Kateywumpus

Those not signed up but expressed interest in this (I encourage you to sign up on the notification list): @Dalivandrian @Soasa @Amrithir @Malerok @Lagerfueled

And if anyone else is interested who hasn't said anything yet, please feel free to jump in! The base game is free I believe, and Middle Earth is such a legendary place!

Edited by Koro
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kateywumpus said:

How well do the Beornings tank and heal? I've never really got to play them outside of just solo content. 

Wow that is a good question. From what I know, they are pretty versatile at doing most anything, though not as efficiently as the other dedicated classes. Beornings can switch roles and be rather effective if played right, which may mean its a good choice if you want to try different roles as we level up.

That said, I am going off of what I've read online, not actually experienced. @Daizey, @Darnavian, @Elisel, do any of you guys have experience with Beornings?

@Koro Oops, missed that part. I think I put in a request to the right thread now. 

As for characters, I've dabbled with all of them while I was actively playing, but their levels are all over the map. Playing largely solo, though, I never really got to play the healer though, so I would be interested in trying it. Otherwise, I always like hunters or DPS RKs. I don't think my mini or burgler ever got past level 20, so not much experience to judge. Might be fun to play one of those classes out 🙂

• Like 1

I was considering playing the Loremaster that I started previously but if the group needs other roles I can run something else. I have the most experience with dps but I have done a bit of tanking in some of the easier swtor content as well. I'd still say that I am towards the beginning of the learning curve on that, though, and I don't know how similarly the classes play in Lotro.

• Like 1

@Koro I am willing to do anything, but I should state that I am unable to play on any nights.  I tried for a while and my health started going way down.  It has now been about a year and a half and my health still hasn't gone up any.  Now I start getting really tired before most people get off work and I am a complete zombie when everyone gets stirred up to play.  It's another of those "fun things" I have to get used to being a post-stroke person I guess.  :p 

One question I have that I ran into... when a character reaches level 6, you are told you are now able to customize yourself.  Every 2 levels, it goes up even further.  When I click the key to go into that "customize" window, I get hit with "pay to click anything."  It may not cost much... I don't know, but when I saw that, I logged off and haven't been back on.  The whole reason I play "free games" is because I literally don't have a cent to pay out right now.  Maybe I will in June sometime, but that is over a month away.  Plus, I like spending money on games, but I like to spend it how I see fit... not "pay or we'll drive you crazy until you do pay."

Any thoughts on what or why this has come up?

12 hours ago, Amrithir said:

@Koro Oops, missed that part. I think I put in a request to the right thread now. 

As for characters, I've dabbled with all of them while I was actively playing, but their levels are all over the map. Playing largely solo, though, I never really got to play the healer though, so I would be interested in trying it. Otherwise, I always like hunters or DPS RKs. I don't think my mini or burgler ever got past level 20, so not much experience to judge. Might be fun to play one of those classes out 🙂

Minstrel is fun and unique! How many other games are heals done by playing music? (My mini heals people by playing bagpipes 🤣) I'm not good with burglar's, but it is a typical rogue character from my limited experience. 

10 hours ago, Dalivandrian said:

I was considering playing the Loremaster that I started previously but if the group needs other roles I can run something else. I have the most experience with dps but I have done a bit of tanking in some of the easier swtor content as well. I'd still say that I am towards the beginning of the learning curve on that, though, and I don't know how similarly the classes play in Lotro.

Loremaster is pretty cool! It is a support character that does decent dps. The ability to cleanse allies of debuffs and give other members of the fellowship power in a big fight make them pretty sought after. I've been enjoying mine so far, though he is only level 27.

1 hour ago, Soasa said:

@Koro I am willing to do anything, but I should state that I am unable to play on any nights.  I tried for a while and my health started going way down.  It has now been about a year and a half and my health still hasn't gone up any.  Now I start getting really tired before most people get off work and I am a complete zombie when everyone gets stirred up to play.  It's another of those "fun things" I have to get used to being a post-stroke person I guess.  :p 

One question I have that I ran into... when a character reaches level 6, you are told you are now able to customize yourself.  Every 2 levels, it goes up even further.  When I click the key to go into that "customize" window, I get hit with "pay to click anything."  It may not cost much... I don't know, but when I saw that, I logged off and haven't been back on.  The whole reason I play "free games" is because I literally don't have a cent to pay out right now.  Maybe I will in June sometime, but that is over a month away.  Plus, I like spending money on games, but I like to spend it how I see fit... not "pay or we'll drive you crazy until you do pay."

Any thoughts on what or why this has come up?

Customize your character eh? Hmmm, the only thing I can think of right now is that it opens up the cosmetic window option. The Lotro cosmetic system is one of the best in the MMO business in my opinion, but they do lock it (as well as many other things) behind a paywall. It in no way affects your character's performance, only its looks. I can show you once we get in game together if you like.

Now that I think about it, it may also be referring to what is called 'traits' in the game, where you slot traits to make your character more powerful. Free and Premium accounts don't have access to as many traits as VIPs do, but you do earn some of them by leveling up and killing monsters/exploring the world. It helps, but it is not mandatory to do well in the game.

Truth be told, you CAN play the base 'free' game without paying money. But it is a little more difficult. However, if you (or anyone here reading this) were to sub for only a single month, one time, your account upgrades from a free account to a premium account. The difference is pretty big in my opinion, and it doesn't take many lotro points after that to notice a big difference. I can make another post/guide about it if you guys want me to.

2 hours ago, Koro said:

Now that I think about it, it may also be referring to what is called 'traits' in the game, where you slot traits to make your character more powerful. Free and Premium accounts don't have access to as many traits as VIPs do, but you do earn some of them by leveling up and killing monsters/exploring the world. It helps, but it is not mandatory to do well in the game.

Truth be told, you CAN play the base 'free' game without paying money. But it is a little more difficult. However, if you (or anyone here reading this) were to sub for only a single month, one time, your account upgrades from a free account to a premium account. The difference is pretty big in my opinion, and it doesn't take many lotro points after that to notice a big difference. I can make another post/guide about it if you guys want me to.

Yeah!  "Traits!" 

Oh!  I didn't even know that they had an option to subscribe anymore.  I thought it was like a GW2 thing.  "EVERYthing is free!  You want to pay for a membership?  Pfft!  We don't need no sticking membership fees!!!"  I may start paying a fee from time to time, but as with anything... it will be about mid-June until I have some money freed up.

As an aside (but I will tell everyone anyway... because that's how I roll!!!), the reason I don't have money free right now is that I decided a while ago to buy a couple of chairs.  Since having a stroke, my back and body really don't do "normal things."  It took a while (and a lot of expensive "I'm buying this because that other furniture is ridiculously overpriced!!!"), but I decided after buying 3 beds in less than 3 years, 2 couches and 2 chairs, and countless other things to decide that I needed to go to that "ridiculously overpriced" store after all.  I've been slowly but surely replacing everything... AGAIN!!!!  I bought these two chairs... not one at a time which I should have done, but together.  Those two racked up debt nearing $5k.  A week from this Wednesday, I get paid.  Shortly after that, I will get my FINAL BILL from that insane purchase!!!  The chairs are extremely comfortable, but I should have just written a check for ONE, eventually saved up more money and then go back and bought my second one.  But nooooooooo!  I saw both and said, "I have got to have them, my precious!!!" and signed up for going back into debt.

Anyway, when that gets paid off, my bed is all that is left, but I'll need a year or more to save up for that.  "Well, we can see if you qualify for our credit."  Freaking weak-willed so-and-so!!!  :Smilies_Bananas_Split:

• Like 1

So based on the above, did anyone decide for sure? Speculatively we have this so far (and these are likely to change I imagine?)

@Kateywumpus: Beorning

@Amrithir: Minstrel

@Dalivandrian: Lore-master

@Soasa: Guardian?

I know you created a guardian Soasa that is level 7 already, did you want to stick to that and tank/off tank? Or would you like to try another class before you decide?

@Ellenore and I will be playing whatever is needed.  I am leaning towards a champion but will know for sure in the next week or so.

Anyone else want to contribute?

Yay!  I finally got out of the tutorial!!!  :p  I really enjoy playing the guardian, but I guess I wasn't thinking too closely about being in a group.  I always enjoyed playing pure DPS only when I used to raid with BOTH of my hands.  Now that I only have 1, no chance at all will I want to do a tanker or a healer.  With tanking, I really move slowly and I feel that my group will suffer, grumble, and eventually call for a revolt!  :D  No, I think I will want to play a DPS "that is not counted on to do MUCH DPS because he sucks at it." 

As such, I will begin playing my archer to find out if that will be more of my speed for grouping.

• Like 1

Sorry @Soasa, I forgot you had mentioned the archer. But no problem at all! That hunter class is really fun and not too difficult to use. And they kill things from so far away it is crazy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soasa said:

As such, I will begin playing my archer to find out if that will be more of my speed for grouping.

My first character on LOTRO was a hunter. Still one of my faves to play. 😀 Also fun from a horse when you get to mounted combat! I hope you have fun with it, too!

• Like 1

@Koro yes, I still plan to try a mini. I plan to roll her this weekend, but I also have to finish my ESO trial tasks when I get back in town, and that's got priority. It doesn't take all that long to get through the early levels, though, so I don't feel like I'll be too far behind everyone. 😁

So, shall we see how many of us can get to level 20 without dying?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amrithir said:

@Koro yes, I still plan to try a mini. I plan to roll her this weekend, but I also have to finish my ESO trial tasks when I get back in town, and that's got priority. It doesn't take all that long to get through the early levels, though, so I don't feel like I'll be too far behind everyone. 😁

So, shall we see how many of us can get to level 20 without dying?

Aye, trial tasks do take priority, no argument there! But we are glad to have you along in this casual group. And if you need any help with the ESO trial tasks, several of us here play that game as well, just let us know!

I am all for getting to level 20 without dying! You get the cool title if I remember right.

I created an Elven archer on the Landroval server that I plan on bringing to aid this fellowship. If need be I could create a guardian toon for tanking, I may not know much about tanking in this game but I can learn it if need be. Looking forward to when we start this adventure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malerok said:

I created an Elven archer on the Landroval server that I plan on bringing to aid this fellowship. If need be I could create a guardian toon for tanking, I may not know much about tanking in this game but I can learn it if need be. Looking forward to when we start this adventure.

Awesome! By all means enjoy the hunter class, they are fun and deadly! Play what you want. :)

When everybody gets to level 7, reach out so we can get you invited to the RoH kinship!

2 hours ago, RhemaTom said:

Been trying to get the game updated today. Update has errors, and thought I'd reinstall, but the download page isn't working either. :(

That is strange, I've had updates every so often for the past month without any trouble.

I assume you used this link/website to download the game? https://www.lotro.com/en/game/download

Perhaps it is a bug on there end that will be fixed in the next few hours or days? :(

On 5/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, Koro said:

When everybody gets to level 7, reach out so we can get you invited to the RoH kinship!

Both of my characters are level 7 and both are outside the tutorial.  YAY!!!!!  :IMG_3737:

Next, I need to remember to send a tell to someone asking for membership.  :p  But, not right now.  Right now, I'm about to be late for meeting a friend for lunch!  Nom nom nom!!!

• Like 1

I'm a Lifetimer and have been trying to get the client re-downloaded and installed but apparently Standing Stones let the download domain lapse or something of that manner? Either way I haven't been able to download the client. Sadness.

3 hours ago, Galvanic said:

I'm a Lifetimer and have been trying to get the client re-downloaded and installed but apparently Standing Stones let the download domain lapse or something of that manner? Either way I haven't been able to download the client. Sadness.

Yes, I've read other reports and have experienced some problems as of yesterday myself. I'll keep an eye out to see if SSG will do anything about it.

Well, I got the download, but I can't get it installed. I keep getting the same error. Cannot update the game, or reinstall it. Starting to feel like it is a dead game now that Turbine is no longer running it. Sorry. I really liked the game, but Standing Stone seems to have ruined it. 

Just now, CheekyMonkey66 said:

How do I get an invite to the Guild in-game?

As soon as you get to level 7 (sometimes 6... whenever you exit the opening story/tutorial) you can send a message to me, @Daizey, or @Jae Onasi and one of us can hop on and get you an invite. :)

6 hours ago, Galvanic said:

1 hour ago, RhemaTom said:

Well, I got the download, but I can't get it installed. I keep getting the same error. Cannot update the game, or reinstall it. Starting to feel like it is a dead game now that Turbine is no longer running it. Sorry. I really liked the game, but Standing Stone seems to have ruined it. 

Indeed, there is an apparent problem they have been working on. Here is some of the info:

Lotro Twitter: https://twitter.com/lotro?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Message from Cordovan: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672669-Log-In-and-Patching-Issues-Friday-May-3rd

Forum thread of others experiencing stuff like this: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672648-there-was-an-error-generating-a-hash-code-for-a-patch-file

I myself am having problems too. :( But I'll keep working on it and see if I can find a fix. Mine keeps saying "there was an error generating the hash code for a patch file."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Congratulations to Princess & -Glamazon- on being chosen Members of the Month for July for their primary divisions!

Remnants of Hope Community Links