O' it is that time again. The month of December has arrived and as per our annual traditions, is the time of our jolly Secret Soa (Santa) event! This event will span the whole month of December so be sure to sign up!
For those who are unfamiliar with Secret Soa, this is basically an event where all participant's names are randomly drawn by another participant (By me), who are then responsible for sending a gift to the person whose name was given to them. Essentially, everyone who participates get to both give and receive a gift. I will be setting this up, so no one else will know who is who's Secret Soa so it's a nice surprise when the holidays roll around and you find in your in-game mailbox. So here's how it will work. Please read everything in this post before you sign up.
How to sign up and agenda:
- Reply to this post and note that you'd like to participate in the Secret Soa. You have until midnight on December 16th to sign up. You should also include in the post your character name and your faction that your Secret Soa should send your gift to. If you have any unique characters in your name, please note the ALT code to type them. Also, if you can't type ALT codes, just highlight the person's name and copy and paste in the game.
- On December 17th, I'll draw the names and will message each participant on the forums with the name of your giftee - you are their Secret Soa. Try your best to keep your giftee a secret - some of the fun comes from not knowing who your Secret Soa is.
- Sometime between the 17th and the 25th, you will determine the in-game gift for your giftee.
- After the 25th, everybody should've gotten their prize. Then, we can all meet back up here and try and guess our Secret Soa!
- Any and all are welcomed to sign up - including trial members. This is an act of giving, everyone deserves to get something for the holidays!
- You have to have signed up by midnight of December 16. If you do not sign up by December 16, then your entry will not be counted. The reason for this is because on December 17, I will be giving everybody their giftee's name. You have 2 weeks from the time this post goes live to sign up which is plenty of time so I think this is fair and reasonable request.
- You must have logged into the game in the past 30 days, as of December 1, 2019 unless an exception is made. Reason for this is because if you haven't logged in, in over a month then you're most likely not active in the game and don't plan to play it any time soon.
- You must have logged into the forums at least 6 months ago, as of December 1, 2019 unless an exception is made. Reason for this is because not everybody uses our forums. However, knowing that you at least log in here and there along with seeing that you log into the game actively, will tell me that you have an active presence in our SWTOR division.
- All names are randomly generated. There will not be any special requests allowed like asking for a specific person.
- There is no exact "price limit" for prizes but let's try not to go to overboard. Prizes shouldn't be something overly expensive but nor should it be something super cheap. It should be something useful and something that you at least put some effort into getting.
- Prizes have to be sent before December 25, if you have not received a gift by the 25th, please let me know. I will take care of sending your gift. Sometime, things happen and not everyone can get something on time but if you can't get something by December 25, please let me know.
- If you have any troubles with affording or getting a gift, please let me know as well. Keep in mind that gifts don't exactly have to be pricey. Earning the gift for your giftee is another creative way to send a gift!
- Send the gift from an unknown character to keep your identity a secret. This adds to the fun by maintaining the mystery.
- Secret Soa can be as involved as you'd like it to be. I suggest doing some quick research of your giftee's posts to see what they like to do and what type of character they play to guide the choice of gift. Maybe, even trying asking people they are close with to help you if you are lost in finding the perfect gift.
- Multiple gifts are okay as long as it's not too overboard.
- Gifts don't have to be bought - while they can be bought with cartel coins or credits, they can also be crafted items, or even good items that came from drops or earned!
- You might note that there is space in mails for body text - try and use it! It's nice to leave a little note along with your gift. If you happen to have hung out with that person in your time gaming, this is an especially good time to say thanks for the good times.
- After you received your gift, please reply to the person and give them a thank you. It's not only polite, but it lets them know that you received it and they didn't just accidentally send their gift to a random stranger.
Have fun and happy holidays!
More Information about the event, check out the link^^